In Texas, driving aggressively can lead to all sorts of problems. You could get speeding tickets, moving violation tickets, get into car crashes, and potentially lose your driver license. Your insurance rates can increase as well as surcharges from the DMV as you rack up points on your driver license.
Aggressive driving has become more of a problem in recent years. Everyone needs to be somewhere fast and getting there can be difficult during rush hour and busy traffic periods. It is also easy to get frustrated and stressed at work, and then become aggressive toward other drivers on the way home from work.
Driving aggressively is never a good idea. One effective way to help you prevent driving this way is by completing a Texas state-approved defensive driving online course, which can provide some useful tools to be more aware of your actions. The course offers several benefits as follows:
- Driver Improvement: You can learn about the defensive driving tools that will help to keep you safer when driving.
- Ticket Dismissal: If you receive a ticket for your aggressive driving, the court or magistrate may dismiss the ticket if you complete a Texas defensive driving course Doing so may also keep points from being added to your driving record.
- Auto Insurance Discount: Texas is one of the few states where some insurance companies offer up to a 10% discount for drivers who have completed and successfully passed a driver safety course online. The discount is good for three years and can be renewed by retaking the course online.
The Basics of a Texas Defensive Driving Course Online
The basics covered in a defensive driving course online help to remind your of the safe driving habits you were taught when you first got your license as well as investigates why drivers may choose to make the decisions they do behind the wheel when they know them to be against the law or dangerous. Once you complete the course, you will think more about safe following distances, trying to think ahead and predict what other drivers will do, and keeping your attention on the road.
During the online course, you will also learn more about bad behaviors in greater detail, such as:
- Aggressive Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Not Obeying the Rules of the Road
- Road Rage
The purpose of covering both defensive driving habits and bad (offensive) driving habits is to highlight the difference between the two and help you to be more aware of your actions and hopefully become a better and safer driver.
Advantages of Taking a Defensive Driver Safety Course Online at Ticket School
Completing your driver safety course online through us provides you with several advantages, including:
- 100% Online – The entire course is online and accessible 24/7. There are no classrooms to set foot in, and you can complete the course from just about anywhere at any time.
- The Best Price – Our online course offers the lowest price for an online defensive driving course in Texas.
- Smartphone and Tablet Compatible – You can complete your online course on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. You can even start on one device and finish on another.
- No Final Exams – We teach defensive driving using unit learning with a short test at the end of each unit. This helps you better retain the information longer.
- Free Electronic Course Completion Certificate – We will email you your course completion certificate at no extra cost.
- Money-Back Guarantee – We are confident you will enjoy our modern learning methods and be completely satisfied with our online defensive driving course.
To learn more about and register for our Texas defensive driving course and other Texas course options, please feel free to review them online or contact Ticket School at (800) 558-9887 if you have further questions or require help registering.