Everyone knows Florida has a unique and special culture, and that fact is certainly reflected in some of the Sunshine State’s driving laws and factoids. Here are some of the most hard-to-believe, but true ridiculous driving laws and wacky ticket stories in Florida:
- In Destin, it’s illegal to drive over graves in a cemetery. That’d be kind of rude ayway.
- In Daytona Beach, maintaining a car on your property that is no longer in use is prohibited.
- In 2015, a Florida man sang Joe Cocker’s “You Are So Beautiful” to avoid getting a ticket for forgetting to wear his seatbelt in Orange County.
- Roughly one out of every ten Florida Speeding tickets is written in Palm Beach County.
- In 2014, there were over 15.6 million licensed drivers in Florida.
- In 2010, 1,620 tickets were written in Haverhill, which is almost the town’s population.
- You may not park your truck in front of your house on the street or in the driveway in Cape Coral.
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee must be paid as if it were a vehicle.