Like many states, Texas has its fair share of wacky laws and this is no different when it comes to driving laws. Here are some of the most ridiculous driving laws and crazy ticket stories in Texas:
- It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don’t need to have a windshield, but you must have the wipers.
- Drivers cannot have anything protruding from their car bumper unless it’s attached with a chain.
- In Lubbock, it’s illegal to drive within arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.
- In Texarkana, owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.
- You must set your parking break every time you get out of your car in the Denton County section of Forth Worth.
- It’s illegal to do a U-Turn in Richardson.
- In 2014, 331 speeding tickets were issued to drivers going 100mph or faster in Sutton County.
- The fastest known speeding ticket was issued to a driver who allegedly drove 242mph in a 75mph zone in Houston.
- In Galveston, it’s illegal to drive down broadway before noon on Sundays.