What is Advanced Driver Improvement (ADI)?
Advanced Driver Improvement, or “ADI”, is a mandatory 12-hour course that must be taken for any of the following reasons:
- Suspended / Revoked License – If your Florida driver license has been suspended or revoked, you must take the ADI course to get back your license. Also, you must show proof of enrollment in an ADI course before you can apply for a hardship license. With TicketSchool.com, your proof of enrollment letter is FREE and available immediately after you complete registration and payment.
- Habitual Traffic Offender – Any driver who has been categorized as a Habitual Traffic Offender (“HTO”) must complete an ADI course.
- Court Ordered – If a Florida judge has ordered you to complete a 12-hour program, you must take the ADI course.
- 3 Crashes in 3 Years – This reason would apply if the Florida DHSMV has ordered you to attend a “3 Crashes in 3 Years” course.
- Out of State Ticket (DHSMV Required) – If you got a traffic ticket our of state and then received a letter from Tallahassee, you should select “Other” as your reason for attending the ADI course. When you successfully complete the course, your completion will be reported to the State of Florida as “Department Required” attendance.
Is this course approved by the State of Florida?
Yes, this online ADI course is fully approved by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). Our ADI course was the first approved in the State of Florida and has been offered for over three decades.
Can I take the ADI course in fewer than 12 hours?
No. Per State law, the ADI course requires a minimum of 12 hours to complete. The 12 hours consists of 10.5 hours of actual study time and 1.5 hours for breaks. After your first six hours of course activity, you must wait 24 hours before you can finish the course. This is a state requirement that applies to all online ADI courses.
IMPORTANT: After your coursework has been completed, you will be required to wait for your essay question responses to be manually graded before you can proceed to the final exam. Once your essay question responses have been approved and you have submitted your final exam, you must wait for your exam to be manually graded before a completion certificate will be issued. Grading of student essay questions and final exams can take up to two business days each, but in most cases, the student will receive a reply within one business day after submission of their essay questions or final exam attempt.
How will I receive my certificate of completion?
Your electronic certificate of completion in FREE and will be available for download immediately after you pass the final exam. You will also receive a download link so that you can print your certificate later if necessary. After you have printed your certificate, you must turn it in to the court (if you were court ordered to attend), or to the Florida DHSMV or other appropriate party if you have been directed to do so. We recommend that you print an extra copy to keep for your records.
How do I receive my proof of enrollment letter?
Your proof of enrollment in the ADI course is in the form of a letter that you will be able to download immediately after you complete registration and payment for the course. There is no additional fee for your proof of enrollment letter. You must have a printer connected to your computer in order to print the letter. (If you do not download and print the letter after registration, it will be available to you for download each time you log into the course.)
Do you report my completion to the State of Florida?
- Suspended License / HTO – If you are taking the ADI course for a suspended or revoked license, HTO, or to fulfill the requirements of a “3 Crashes in 3 Years” course, we (TicketSchool.com) will report your successful completion to the Florida DHSMV within 24 hours after you finish the course. If you have a question about completion reporting, you can call at 1-800-222-9199. Office hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST.
- Court Ordered – If you are taking the course because of a court order, you will be required to turn your certificate in to the court on or before your deadline date. Your completion will NOT be reported by the school.
How do I contact tech support?
Our technical support can be reached by calling 1-800-222-9199 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
What is your refund policy?
To request a refund, you must contact customer support at 1-800-222-9199 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM CST Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Refund requests made within 90 days from the date of registration will be processed as long as you have not successfully completed the course, been disqualified for identity validation reasons, or submitted your course essay question responses for grading. Should a refund be processed, please note that you will be reported to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles as a Failure to Complete (FTC), as required by current Florida rules and regulations. This doesn’t prevent you from completing the course again at a later date or with another course provider
For most customers, if the ADI course is not completed within 90 days from the date of registration, the school will report a non-completion to DHSMV and your license will be suspended again. You must complete the course within 180 days from your date of registration. After 180 days, your course access will be suspended.
Can you turn off the timers in the course?
No. The course timers are in place to make sure each student spends the required minimum amount of time in the course. Once you have completed a unit, you can always go back to it by clicking on it through the course status page. You can review any previously completed unit without any timer.
Can I change my registration information after I have started the course?
After you pass the final exam, you will be asked to verify that the information to be printed on your completion certificate is correct. At that time, you will be able to change any items that are incorrect. If you would like to change your registration information at any time before you attempt the final exam, please call customer support at 1-800-222-9199, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM CST.